The Store Manager is to manage overall operations of the Upscale Resale Store, procure merchandise, actively recruit and fully utilize Liberty Youth Ranch volunteers. This position reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Liberty Youth Ranch (LYR).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operation of store.
- Appraise, acquire, and price merchandise.
- Cost effectively and strategically schedule logistics department for pickups of merchandise and deliveries of merchandise.
- Train, supervise and schedule volunteers.
- Answer phone as needed, direct calls/take messages and return all phone calls and electronic mail (emails) within same business day.
- Wait on store customers and make sales.
- Open, close, and secure store daily.
- Prepare daily deposits and daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Enter daily sales and inventory/acquisitions into the POS system.
- Follow markdown process at various time intervals.
- Prepare display design and floor-work.
- Tag incoming merchandise.
- Handle inquiries for policies and procedures to consign or donate merchandise.
- Be knowledgeable of merchandise and be helpful and pleasant to customers.
- Approve bills received for payment by accounting.
- Train, evaluate and supervise staff.
- Attend operations management meetings and staff meeting, etc.
- Maintain strong alliance with parent organization, Liberty Youth Ranch, Inc.
- Pick up incoming mail at mailbox and take outgoing mail to post office.
- Files correspondence and other documents.
- Coordinate with contractors for repair of office and building equipment (computer, copier, air conditioner, garage door, lighting, etc.)
- Oversee preparation of consignment payouts and monthly reports.
- Assist with developing and managing annual operating budget of store.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President/CEO of LYR.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or experience of at least 6 years in all facets of operating a retail busine
- People-person, positive interface with staff, volunteers, consignors, donors, and shoppers.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience in generally accepted office procedures. This would include filing letter/memo formats, answering the telephone, greeting visitors, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- High level of knowledge of modern day furnishings values.
- Self-starter and creative with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to do moderate lifting.
- Commitment to faith-based mission of serving abused, neglected, orphaned and homeless children.
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Communication skills needed for preparing effective correspondence and reports.
- Pleasant telephone voice and courteous manner toward visitors, customers and donors.
- Able to use computer word processing and database programs effectively. Types at least 50 w.p.m.
- Computer knowledge and experience necessary, with POS a plus.
- Able to learn new programs quickly.
- Shares clean-up responsibilities of building and outside property with other staff.
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
- Maintain AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) code of ethics and confidentiality of all donor records and information.
- Regularly attends local church.
- Financially astute. Marketing and brand aware.
- Organized, efficient and able to work without always having detailed descriptions and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks that need to be done now as opposed to those that are not urgent.
Are you ready to fully utilize your skills and experience to help grow an organization and make a real difference in the lives of others?
Come join our growing faith-based organization with a strong legacy of organizational and financial stability. We provide meaningful, positive change that dramatically impacts the lives of children and families within the southwest Florida community.
Manage the overall day to day operations of the Upscale Resale Store, which provides a revenue source for the nonprofit. Procure, price, and display merchandise. Schedule pick-up and delivery of items. Actively recruit, train, and fully utilize volunteers. Handle the POS system, maintain accurate records, and prepare reports. Assist customers and donors with a knowledgeable, friendly attitude.
Motivated, energetic professional and detail oriented candidate knowledgeable about the retail industry and passionate about serving at-risk children will have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferred, and at least 6 years of professional management experience.
Ideal candidate has extensive experience in generally accepted office procedures, including filing, letter/memo formats, answering the telephone, greeting visitors, etc. Ability to motivate, encourage and interact with donors, vendors, volunteers and staff. Must be flexible, efficient, and able to organize and manage multiple priorities. Must be computer proficient and technology driven. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter, salary history, and salary requirements to: HR@LibertyYouthRanch.org Only candidates who submit ALL items will be considered.
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, please NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries. We regret that we are unable to respond to each applicant. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning the next step in the process.